Have you ever heard this phrase, “A picture is worth a thousand words”?
Visuals have the power to capture people’s attention and a great way to educate them.
Visuals are processed 60,000x faster in the brain than text. (Source)
We, Humans, have been using visuals to communicate for thousands of years.
What is Visual Content Concept?
Visual content is content that communicates or compliments the valuable information in a visual way. Pretty simple concept!
If you want to know how powerful visual content is, check out these 20 stunning statistics!
1. 53% of marketers stated that 91% to 100% of the content they published in 2016 contained visuals. (IMPACT)
2. 31.7% of those surveyed said that visual content was integral to their 2017 marketing strategy. (IMPACT)
3. Venngage surveyed over 300 online marketers and 41.5% marketers said that infographics and other original graphics had the highest engagement.
4. 37% of marketers said visual marketing was the most important form of content for their business, second only to blogging (38%). (Hubspot)
5. 51% of B2B marketers prioritized creating visual content assets in 2016. (Content Marketing Institute)
6. 4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it. (Hubspot)
7. Facebook users spend 3X more time watching live videos than traditional videos. (Hubspot)
8. Infographics are shared and liked 3x more than any other type of visual content. (MassPlanner)
9. In a 2016 HubSpot survey, when it comes to content 55% of consumers closely pay attention to videos. (Hubspot)
10. Researchers found that colour visuals increase the attention span of readers for a piece of content by 82%. (Xerox)
11. More than 76% of B2B marketers said they use videos and photos as their content marketing tactics. (Content Marketing Institute)
12. Articles with images get 94% more total views. (Jeff Bullas)
13. We are incredible at remembering pictures. Hear a piece of information, and three days later you’ll remember 10% of it. Add a picture and you’ll remember 65%. (Brain Rules)
14. 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video. (Syndacast)
15. People following directions with text and illustrations do 323% better than people following directions without illustrations. (Sarv)
16. Tweets with images received 150% more retweets. (Buffer)
17. More than 60% marketers said they plan to increase investment in video in 2017. (Animoto)
18. Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images. (barberstock)
19. 18 million pieces of content shared on Slideshare. (Expanded Ramblings)
20. The demand for infographics has increased 800% in the past year. (SnapApp)
Do you use visual content in your content marketing strategy? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!